Port Lansing, based at Capital Region International Airport, offers the convenience of clearing U.S. Customs locally without the frequent hassles and delays that are common at larger, distant airport hubs.
To use Port Lansing for your next international freight shipment, contact us or let your customs broker, freight forwarder or logistics provider know that you want to leverage local assets to gain efficiencies and improve profitability.
In a nutshell, Port Lansing is logistics simplified. Among our features:
- Centrally located in Michigan with fast, convenient access to interstate highways and main rail lines.
- On NAFTA and major U.S. trade corridors.
- Access to more than 9 million consumers in Michigan and proximity to major markets and 91 million consumers within 500 miles of Port Lansing.
- On-site U.S. Customs and Border Protection staff, which means faster customs clearances and consistent releases on imported merchandise.
- Foreign Trade Zone No. 275 offers international businesses the opportunity to improve cash flow and operational efficiency by deferring, reducing and eliminating duties.
- 8,500-foot runway that can accommodate the largest aircraft cargo freighters.
- Complete on-site air and ocean freight-forwarding services.
- Shovel-ready property available to suit any company’s needs.
Port Lansing Cooperative
Learn about each of our partners and discover how they can help move your business forward.
Avflight Lansing is all about location. Located just minutes away from the downtown Lansing business district and Michigan State University, they offer all the conveniences your business needs, including charter, freight, cargo, baggage-handling, commercial ground handling and aircraft maintenance. Avflight Lansing caters to the professional aviation business, the private or corporate traveler and commercial air carriers. These are all just some of the many professional services they provide 24 hours a day.
For over 25 years, Central States has delivered flexible, cost-effective warehousing and distribution solutions. They will tailor their broad range of third-party logistics capabilities to meet your needs, from food logistics to LTL delivery and order fulfillment. They hold ISO 9001:2008 certification – the international quality standard – and they consistently receive a "Superior" rating from the AIB. Their facility meets the sanitation standards needed to handle food-grade products for your business.
Russel A. Farrow
Established in 1911, Russel A. Farrow Limited has become one of the largest privately held customs brokerage and international trade organizations in Canada. Farrow is a diversified, full-service supplier to companies involved in international trade, specializing in customs brokerage, customs consulting, software and trade technology, logistics, freight forwarding, international supply chain management and transportation and express services.
www.gdp-inc.com/GDP is synonymous with Turnkey Global Market Development Success. Their unique, unparalleled service enables companies to gain traction in key international markets with Reduced Risks, Shortened Time-Frames, and Improved Outcomes for a fraction of the typical investment of going it alone.
IFL Group has been safely flying air freight since 1983, when they began flying on-demand with Cessna 310 and Piper Navajo aircraft out of Pontiac. As they approach 30 years in business their fleet has expanded and updated to a wide range of aircraft suitable for any of your air shipping needs, from Convair 340's to a Boeing 727-200 and the market's only Long Range Dassault Falcon 20. Small or large, they have the capability, backed by reliable service and maintenance, to fly your product where it needs to go quickly and safely.
Logistics Control Company
Logistics Control Company is a third-party transportation manager. They help negotiate rates, recommend carriers and provide freight payment and cost reporting services. Their goal is to reduce their client's freight transportation costs while maintaining the highest quality of service for their clients and their customers. And they're good at what they do, having saved their clients millions of dollars in freight costs.
TOC Logistics takes an analysis driven approach to helping our clients. From our initial meeting to well into our partnership, TOC Logistics helps our client’s with data driven, evidenced based information and reporting to:
- Expose immediate opportunities and engineer innovative solutions that help reach today’s corporate initiatives and plant level goals
- Insure the corporate and plant level teams are on track with supply chain improvement expectations
- Drive new, additional savings and help meet year over year goals
United Shippers’ Alliance
Shippers’ Associations are anti-trust protected, nonprofit, cooperatives that negotiate and manage transportation services on behalf of its member shippers with motor carriers, railroads, ocean carriers, air carriers, and other transportation service providers. A shippers’ association benefits small to medium size companies by:
- Aggregating volumes across all of its members to negotiate competitive volume discounts with carriers on behalf of its members.
- Facilitating collaboration and information sharing across its member shippers.
- Providing other transportation management and administrative services as required by its members